COVID-19 travel instructions:
Following the directives given by the Greek authorities in the effort of preventing the spread of COVID-19, we draw your attention to the following:
1) "Green Certificate": anyone wishing to travel from ports of mainland Greece to the islands, between islands and from the islands to the main ports by boat/plane must have one of the following:
ADULTS and children 12 years and older:
- Vaccination certificate valid 14 days after the 2nd dosage,
- illness/recovery certificate, issued 30 days after the 1st diagnosis and is valid for up to 180 days
- Negative results for Rapid test 48 hours or molecular test (PCR) 72 hour
Children between 5 and 11 years old any test, including self-test. (Self-test can be declared online at self-τesting.gov.gr or written by a formal declaration )
Rapid or PCR test in Kythira upon appointment:
- PCR TEST: Hospital: +30 27360 33203
- RAPID TEST: Pharmacies
2) Before boarding, everyone must complete a printed Health Statement Questionnaire (Pre-Boarding Form).
3) The use of a mask is mandatory throughout the trip and a distance of at least 1.5 meters must be held between passengers.
4) It is everyone's responsibility to meticulously apply the rules of personal hygiene and protection. During the voyage, it is advisable to avoid unnecessary movements within the ship.
5) In case anyone shows symptoms during the trip, they should immediately inform a crew member.
6) Passengers must always comply with the ship's regulations and the instructions of the Master and the crew.
General COVID-19 Travel notice information about GREECE here !! For info about the PLF Form click HERE. Detailed information here !!
What to note as to ferry bookings
Booking reference Number:
For ferry bookings a booking reference number is always given. This number is unique and is not to be ignored or lost.
Special attention is to be paid to the option date of the ticket purchase. Departure tickets from Kythira are assigned an option date which typically expires 3 days prior to departure. This option date is always announced during booking procedures. It is the clients' responsibility to purchase their tickets within this deadline. If not so, bookings are automatically cancelled through the booking system.
When to book:
Please tend to your timely booking both to and from Kythera, especially during high season (July and August)
Online tickets reservation:
Online reservation is allowed with PORFYROUSA ferry for the routes Neapoli - Kythira - Neapoli only for limited availability in each route. If for any reason the system does not allow you to make a reservation please contact our agencies.
Where do i receive my tickets?:
Tickets are received from our travel agency in Chora (Kythera town) (in the northern part of the island). The ticket booth at the port gives priority to departures ONLY!
You can purchase online your tickets for PORFYROUSA ferry for the routes Neapoli - Kythira - Antikythira. Prepaid tickets can be collected from our offices or up to 1 hour before the departure of the ferry from each port.
Kythera Port: Diakofti is the port of Kythera.
F/B Porfyrousa Reservation Instructions:
- In case you have a rented car and you don’t know the vehicle’s plate number, please write “RENT123” as vehicle’s plate.
- Online bookings for individuals only are not possible through the system. For individuals only tickets please contact the travel agencies of Neapolis and Kithira.
- Online reservations are available only for normal cars and SUV’s. For motorbikes, long vehicles, Campers, trucks and buses please contact the travel agencies by phone call.
- The reservations from Neapolis to Kithira have an indicative Οption date . Please be at the agency of Neapolis 1 hour before the departure of the ferry in order to buy your tickets
- For reservations from Neapolis to Kithira or Antikythira please contact the agency of Neapolis -“Vatika bay”.
- For reservations from Kithira to Neapolis please pay great attention to the option date and time. The tickets are bought upon option date deadline from the agency in Chora (Kithira town).
- For tickets from Antikythira (if you haven’t bought them already from Kithira Travel) you will get them from the chief accountant of the boat before the departure from Antikythira. These tickets don’t have an option date.
- In case you want to cancel your reservation, please inform us on time.
- Your details asked from the system must be full and accurate. Also, please do not use the reservation form if not necessary.
F/B Porfyrousa (prepaid tickets) Booking Instructions:
- For your trip from Kithira, you will collect your prepaid tickets from Kithira Travel in Chora (Kithira town) up to 1 day before your departure. Please receive your tickets on time (as mentioned above) due to overcrowding at the port upon arrival and departure of the boat.
- For your trip from Neapoli you will receive your prepaid tickets up to 1 hour before the departure of the boat from VATIKA BAY Agency in Neapoli.
- For motorbikes, long vehicles, CAMPERS and TRUCKS please contact our agencies by phone
Before your departure for destinations, such as the tropical, subtropical and the developing countries, a traveler's health guide should be the most important preparation for you.
It is highly recommended that you visit a travel medicine institution at least 4-6 weeks before your journey in order for the health professional to have the ability to make the necessary tests and to utilize the appropriate vaccines on time, to allow the development of adequate immunity and as a result, to protect the traveler. If you visit the clinic only just a few days before your upcoming trip, you must be aware that you will only get the absolutely necessary vaccines as the doctors need to ensure the optimal immune protection under the given circumstances.
Another very important issue that you need to ensure is that you have travel insurance during your trip, in case you experience any health problems while abroad. In addition, it is also recommended that you have your first aid kit (i.e. anti-sickness, insect bites, minor injuries etc) with you while travelling.
Especially if you belong to some socially disadvantaged groups, such as the elderly, pregnant women and people with chronic health problems (i.e. diabetes, people with serious heart or respiratory problems, renal insufficiency, etc.) you should make sure that you obtain the medicines that you will need during your journey. You must also ensure that you organize the appropriate means for transportation for your trip. Finally, it is important that you have with you a doctor’s letter describing your health problems, current use of medicines and the medicine that you will need to take with you in order to address these problems.